Crab Cakes with Mustard Aioli
Best Crab Cakes Ingredients
- 12 ounces crabmeat
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4c canola oil for deep frying
Best Crab Cakes Instructions
1. Combine all ingredients except scallions. Mix well. Add sliced scallions and mix.
2. Form into small balls and then flatten a bit.
2.In a high sided sauce pan, heat oil to 325°
3. Fry the crab balls for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4. Serve on a platter, with toothpicks and the mustard aioli. Enjoy !